There are a number of reasons why a person may want to start running. You may be looking to challenge yourself by running a marathon or just wanting to lose weight. Either way running is one of the best forms of exercise.
As with any sport, there will be injuries. Make sure you practice good form and seek help if need be. Speaking with an experienced runner will certainly help reduce the chance of injury and also increase your knowledge of the sport. For free information, you can go to any local running store in your area like the Running Room and they will be quick to help.
1. Running keeps you healthy: Running is a great way of training your cardiovascular system. Runners tend to keep their heart and lungs healthier even in advanced age. If you combine running with a good nutritious diet it could help normalize your blood pressure and even reduce the chance of a heart attack. Running can also be a boost to the immune system so you may not get sick as often.
2. Running helps you lose weight: When you run, your whole body is in motion, which translates into a massive calorie burn. If you run 5 days a week for 30 minutes per day you are sure to notice a difference on the scale and in the mirror.
3. Running lifts your mood: Even though it might seem counter-intuitive try running in the morning before you start your regular daily routine. Running in the morning will improve your mood and may lead to higher energy levels throughout the day.
4. Running relieves stress: When you run, your body releases endorphins which can lead to what is known as runners high. Sure you may receive a rush of endorphins but even more importantly you will know deep down that you accomplished a goal you set for yourself.
5. Running is inexpensive: Running is not a fad sport. Human beings have been running for thousands of years, both for hunting and recreation. A lot of sports are great but they have a high barrier to entry and a steep learning curve. The great thing about running is that all you need is a good pair of running shoes which you can pick up for 100 bucks.
Whatever your reason may be, just remember to invest in yourself and go running.