Relax, you deserve it.
We tend to feel stressed out from our job, friends and even family. However, we must be able to deal with long term stress. Stress over a long period of time affects our health in negative ways and can cause issues if not dealt with.
It’s normal to feel some stress, if we are procrastinating or trying to avoid dealing with our problems then stress tends to build up. So address your problems as soon as they come up to get ahead of any future pain. Here are some suggestions for relieving your stress you may be facing right now. You don’t have to use all the techniques listed below but try to incorporate a few to ease tension in your life.
1. Breathe deep – Taking a deep breaths is proven to lower your cortisol levels, which helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Studies suggest deep breathing can also cause a temporary drop in blood pressure. If nothing else deep calming breaths will oxygenate your blood and energize the body.
2. Laugh – Laughing can be an instant stress reliever. Watch a stand up comedy routine on YouTube or go read a few jokes on Google. Louis C.K. will surely to put a smile on your face. Smiling and laughing will break up your day and draw more people to you and your positive energy.
3. Exercise – Consider going out for a jog at a local park or playing a sport with a friend to get your mind off things. Exercise will releases endorphins after your workouts and you will start to feel centered. Another great way of exercising is taking your, or a friends dog outside. You will see the joy they have just spending time with you and how much value you really have.
4. Listen to Music – Listen to a fast passed energetic song and your body will instantly want to move around. It is hard to feel stressed out while you’re dancing. Try progressive trance or any music with a strong beat to peak your emotional state.
1. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
2. Good Feeling – Flo Rida
3. Enough is Enough – Avicii
4. Eurodancer – Dj Mangoo
5. Guilt or Innocence – Nero
5. Talk it out – Discuss your problems with people you trust. Individuals close to you, who really care about you, will help you solve your problems. They have a vested interest in your wellbeing so whether it be your spouse or a close friend let them know what you’re going through. Getting another prospective on the situation at hand might just do the trick. It lets you analyze their approach to an issue you’re dealing with.
Good luck and understand that you might not be able to rid yourself of all the stress and anxiety today, but with time and pressure all things are possible. So remember, even though it sounds cliché, everything will be ok.